How to commit the new app which is a duplicate one with some modification manual like renaming its *.mpk

Hello, I just met a question about Team Server. I am describing it as below: First I created an app and also committed to the Team Server. I copied that folder of app in Window File Explorer and renamed it in another name; went into that duplicate and modified some files’ name like renaming the a.mpk to b.mpk, then I closed the original app in Mendix studio pro. I opened Mendix studio pro and opened that duplicate with modification, and that it could be opened. But, when I wanted to commit it into Team Server as a new app the errors came out, please see my screenshots. I committed it to Team Server. Process was in progress. Errors occurred.   And this is the detail copied from the alert pane below:  SharpSvn.SvnObstructedUpdateException: 'D:\Mendix\projects\Customized App' is already a working copy for a different URL    at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets) in d:\bb\sharpsvn-v1.900x\v40\src\sharpsvn\svnclientargs.cpp:line 78    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.CheckOut(SvnUriTarget url, String path, SvnCheckOutArgs args, SvnUpdateResult& result) in d:\bb\sharpsvn-v1.900x\v40\src\sharpsvn\commands\checkout.cpp:line 62    at SharpSvn.SvnClient.CheckOut(SvnUriTarget url, String path) in d:\bb\sharpsvn-v1.900x\v40\src\sharpsvn\commands\checkout.cpp:line 35    at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.Checkout(Uri urlToCheckout, String targetProjectDirectory) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio4.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.Windows\Svn\SvnConnector.cs:line 134   Therefore, it seems that current app was a working copy from that original app. Are there any ways to delete the version-controlled files in Team Server? I have deleted the original app in Mendix web dashboard, but it still could not work well with same errors like my screenshots said. Looking forward to having your help! Thanks a lot!
asked
1 answers

To get what you seem to want to achieve:

- create a project-b project on the team server.

- download the project-b from the team server to your local pc.

- (optional) make a backup copy of your project-a directory

- copy directory /.svn from the downloaded project-b directory to the project-a directory, thus overwriting the there existing .svn directory

- open your project-a in Mendix Studio Pro and commit it. It will commit to your project-b on the team server.

answered