Error Message Microflow should have one parameter of type foo.bar

I have an issue while populating a ColumnChart from a microflow. It puts out the error message "Microflow should  have one parameter of type foo.bar". Now, it looks as if the microflow is doing exactly that – returning a “foo.bar”.   I’m following the crash course, so I assume, I didn’t misconfigure it too much, but cant spot the error.   Maybe someone can give me an idea
asked
4 answers

" Now, it looks as if the microflow is doing exactly that – returning a “foo.bar”. ”

Does the microflow have an input parameter foo.bar? And is that the only input parameter?

answered

it doesn’t – its creating a new object foo.bar and returns it

answered

hi patrick, go to your microflow , and drag a parameter from toolbox. then set the parameter to foo.bar

the crash course is missing this step. usually the parameter is auto created during creation of microflow, i am unsure why it doesn’t. same to my case.

answered

The data view containing your chart should be sourced by a MF that takes no parameters and return a single object of the type you’re going to use as the data source for your chart e.g. DS_GetEmptyFooBarObj. It’s just there due to a limitation of the old style of widgets, the new pluggable widgets dont need this.

The microflow providing the data for your chart (assuming you’re using a MF as the source) must accept a parameter of type object of entity Foo.Bar i.e. the same as that returned by DS_GetEmptyFooBarObj. The microflow should return a list of the data (of type Foo.Bar) that feeds your chart.

answered