How is the data populated for the attributes

I am using the dummy data for the app that i am developing. For this i use the temporary datagrid to just add the data for each entities.  Is there an easy way to populate these enities with these datas? I tried to populate it through the script as well but it does not seems to update the data in my app. i went inside my workfolder to change the script  Mendix\App-main\deployment\data\database\hsqldb\default\default.script But it still would not update the data. I tried to update the script using Visual Code, it did not work either. What is the best way to update the data without having to use the datagid. Also, how do i connect the actual sql database to a Mendix app?  
asked
2 answers

Well a fast way to import dummy data is bij importing through excel with the excel importer: https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/72/

Another way to do it, is to create a microflow that creates the objects with dummy data

answered

You can create a microflow to populate your application.

If you have a database, you can setup the mendix to use it. Go to project settings → Configurations → edit or create a new configuration. Then, you can select a database, and use it to your application.

And as Maarten said, you can use Excel importer.

answered