Capturing user input and storing on entity that is connected over association

Hello, I am trying to capture user input on few of the fields, these fields are attributes (string) of another entity that is connected with main entity via 1-* relationship so I can pick up the attribute as a data source in my input text box but when I run this locally, this input field is disabled from making any changes hence I cannot capture the input. Mind you, the input text box I have connected to an attribute that is part of the the same main entity works fine. Here is an example: - I have one main entity (I call it main since it is the most important one) called “Request” with attributes like “Title”, “Description” and these text boxes are editable - I have two other entities “RequestOffice” and “IssueOffice” with attributes like “RequestOfficeID”, “RequestOfficeName”, “IssueOfficeID”, “IssueOfficeName” , etc. - Both of the RequestOffice and IssueOffice are connected to Request via 1-* association The users need to provide input via a form so I have built a form inside a DataView gird. The DataView grid has “Request” as the data source and when I create text box and select RequestOfficeID, RequestOfficeName, IssueOfficeID, which are available over association, and when I test this, it browser doesn’t allow me to provide input.   
asked
3 answers

Heey Mihir,

Does the user have the right acces rules? Does he has read write on the attributes and the association?

answered

Is the associated object created?

If the associated object doesn’t exist or the association isn’t set between the objects, the field will not be editable

answered

Hi, Mihir. So how is this solved? I am wondering how can I get through this by “creating the associated object” by @Rene. Do I need microflow? What I suppose to solve this should be very simple, because we don’t design entities in a big form, but to split according to our logic.

answered