Compilation issues in mendix

I just started getting into java action calls I installed JDK 1.7 and 1.8 I was able to get the sample project working described in the documentation. However now I have a problem whenever I try to run my import module (as downloaded from the app store) I get a compilation error below:  Is there some way I can change the compiler configuration in mendix to allow for lower source?   Error in execution of monitored action '{"name":"ExcelImporter.IVK_ImportTemplateDocument","type":"Microflow"}' (execution id: 7d3246f3-15f3-4035-a741-bb8131cdf105, execution type: CLIENT_ASYNC_MONITORED) -------- java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem:      Resource specification not allowed here for source level below 1.7     at excelimporter.reader.ExcelImporter.startImport(ExcelImporter.java:106)     at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:54)     at excelimporter.actions.StartImportByTemplate.executeAction(StartImportByTemplate.java:1)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:49)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase$1.execute(ActionManagerBase.java:147)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManagerBase.executeSync(ActionManagerBase.java:152)     at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCoreBase.execute(InternalCoreBase.java:382)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.actions.actioncall.JavaAction.execute(JavaAction.scala:53)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowObject.execute(MicroflowObject.java:47)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAfterBreakingIfNecessary(MicroflowImpl.java:201)     at com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.microflow.impl.MicroflowImpl.executeAction(MicroflowImpl.java:157)     at com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.core.UserAction.execute(UserAction.java:46)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.doCall(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:71)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:49)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.DefaultActionMonitor$.$anonfun$run$1(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:18)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction$$anon$1.execute(IMonitoredAction.scala:47)     at com.mendix.util.classloading.Runner.doRunUsingClassLoaderOf(Runner.java:32)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction.monitor(IMonitoredAction.scala:49)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.IMonitoredAction.monitor$(IMonitoredAction.scala:25)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CustomMonitoredAction.monitor(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:22)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.DefaultActionMonitor$.run(CustomMonitoredAction.scala:18)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.runMonitoredAction(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:60)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.CoreActionHandlerImpl.call(CoreActionHandlerImpl.scala:47)     at com.mendix.core.actionmanagement.CoreAction.call(CoreAction.java:54)     at com.mendix.basis.actionmanagement.ActionManager.$anonfun$execute$1(ActionManager.scala:118)     at scala.concurrent.Future$.$anonfun$apply$1(Future.scala:659)     at scala.util.Success.$anonfun$map$1(Try.scala:255)     at scala.util.Success.map(Try.scala:213)     at scala.concurrent.Future.$anonfun$map$1(Future.scala:292)     at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.liftedTree1$1(Promise.scala:33)     at scala.concurrent.impl.Promise.$anonfun$transform$1(Promise.scala:33)     at scala.concurrent.impl.CallbackRunnable.run(Promise.scala:64)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)     at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)     at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)  
asked
1 answers

You stated that you are using Mendix version 8.5, the JDK requirement is JDK 11 see  https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/system-requirements.

If you are changing java code in Eclipse for example make sure the compilation version in Eclipse is the same as the jdk being used by Studio Pro (under preferences)

This might solve your compilation error. If not please edit your question to inform the forum on the exact module you are using and maybe copy and paste the line of code that is giving you compilation issues.

answered