Want to change the background color of Navigation tree which we use to display the side bar.

Hello, I want to change the background color of Navigation tree widget which we use to display the side bar in Atlas default. There is atlas_Default where we have left bar, top bar and all. I would like to change the background color of Navigation tree (in left bar) from black.  Is there any other way. I have also tried update the CSS in  the project directory, but that change also not taking the effect.  Am I missing something.   Thanks, Amol
asked
2 answers

Hi Amol,

what’s the SCSS you tried? I see that you are using 8.4.1. In rare cases, Calypso does not compile and you have to Stop and Start it again. Also make sure that you are on the page with the right port to see the changes that are compiled by Calypso.

Cheers

.mx-scrollcontainer { 
    &.mx-scrollcontainer-open {
    }

.mx-scrollcontainer-left {

.mx-scrollcontainer-wrapper {

}
    }
}

answered

No need to restart the Mendix modeler and no need to listen on another port if you are using VisualBasicCode with extension 'Live Sass compiler’ and a setting to make it store the resulting main.css and main.css.map in both the deployment-dir and the code-dir by adding this to the setting.json:

"liveSassCompile.settings.formats": [

{"format": "expanded", "extensionName": ".css", "savePath": "/../../../deployment/web/styles/web/css/"},

{"format": "expanded", "extensionName": ".css", "savePath": "/css"}

]

As for the color change, better stick to the system whenever you can. You can modify the navsidebar bg color in “_custom-variables.scss”:

// Sidebar
$navsidebar-bg:   $brand-inverse; (or any color of your choice)

Should do the trick.

answered