4.9.2Nesting Data- Become a Rapid Developer - Registered Trainees not Appearing on TrainingEvent_Registration_Overview

Hi Community, I’m following (or so I thought) the instructions for module 4.9.2 of become a rapid developer (developer). I can register trainees to an event with the add button and I know they are stored. ‘However, when trying to view them on TrainigEvent_Registration_Overview page with `Registration, from database over association, `’Registration_TrainingEvent’`, no items are found. I know they are stored because when I take away the `over association` constraint, all Trainees show up. Below are screenshots of all the relevant info. Can you please tell me what I need to to do get Trainees to show on the event they are registered to? P.S. I think the problem may be in how the `Add` button is setup in `TrainingEvent_Registration_Overview`, as I’m not sure how I’m connecting a Trainee to that event.    DOMAIN MODEL ADD BUTTON NOT SHOWING WITH ‘OVER ASSOCIATION’ SHOWING WITHOUT ‘OVER ASSOCIATION’ REGISTRATION NEW EDIT
asked
3 answers

Up to Mendix 7.17, the Create Button automatically added the association (Doc). The new Create Object function of the buttons doesn’t seem to have this function.

For this reason, I would suggest a microflow that has the TrainingEvent as a parameter, creates a new Registration object and assigns the association directly. The second step would be the call to the NewEdit-Page with the new Registration object.

answered

Found the problem! When choosing what entity to create for the onClick action, I chose a plain Registration object without any association from the domain model. Simply choose a Registration object from the Training Event dropdown, which includes the relationship. Pictures below.

answered

UPDATE: something must definitely be wrong with the `Add` button. I'm logging the registered trainees and also information related to the Training Event they should be associated to, and nothing shows up. No association is being created with the Trainee to the TrainingEvent used as context where the `Add` is being used.

answered