Oracle Connector Replacement

Hello,  Oracle connector module is not compatible with mendix 8…. Is there a replacement for the java actions in it? How can I use oracle connector java actions in mendix 8!  Thanks in advance.
asked
2 answers

What kind of errors do you get? Maybe you are able to fix them…

Otherwise, file a ticket at the github: https://github.com/ako/OracleConnector/issues . Normally you will get a response from the developer. 

answered

I got a compilation java error when I place the oracle connector manually ( export and import from a mendix 7 version) .

Buildfile: C:\Users\aa\Documents\Mendix\Asset Manager-main\deployment\build_core.xml

compile:
    [javac] Compiling 80 source files to C:\Users\aa\Documents\Mendix\Asset Manager-main\deployment\run\bin
    [javac] C:\Users\aa\Documents\Mendix\Asset Manager-main\javasource\oracleconnector\impl\JdbcConnector.java:69: error: cannot find symbol
    [javac]                         ((MendixHashString) obj.getMember(context, name)).setInitialHash((String) convertedValue);
    [javac]                                                                          ^
    [javac]   symbol:   method setInitialHash(String)
    [javac]   location: interface MendixHashString
    [javac] C:\Users\aa\Documents\Mendix\Asset Manager-main\javasource\oracleconnector\impl\ResultSetReader.java:72: error: an enum switch case label must be the unqualified name of an enumeration constant
    [javac]                 case Float:
    [javac]                      ^
    [javac] C:\Users\aa\Documents\Mendix\Asset Manager-main\javasource\oracleconnector\impl\ResultSetReader.java:73: error: an enum switch case label must be the unqualified name of an enumeration constant
    [javac]                 case Currency:
    [javac]                      ^
    [javac] Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
    [javac] Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
    [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
    [javac] 3 errors

BUILD FAILED
C:\Users\aa\Documents\Mendix\Asset Manager-main\deployment\build_core.xml:30: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

Total time: 6 seconds

answered