Native Mobile

Hello All, we are building a Mendix native mobile app, I wanted to test the deployment process that has been provided by Mendix documentation to deploy the native app, However, I have created a simple hello world native app to test the deployment process, so I have configured a Github and App Center account, then I have run the Native builder Command to prepare the Environments and run the build command to create a build branch on the Github and the App center. After all, I have built the branch on the App Center to create the APK file. However, the build was successfully done and the APK file has been generated.  when I transferred the APK file to my hardware device which is a Samsung phone, the file has been installed as an app successfully on the phone, but when you open it, the app opens as an IQR scanner, not the hello world app I have created. Any idea??  
asked
5 answers

when I build as appcenter-debug.apk and install it on the phone, it open with a wight blank page.

please Mendix help me out to figure out what is going on we have soon deployment for a real project and everyone is waiting for the final result.

answered

Hi Adam Alabtah ,

I am also getting  the same issue , did u get the answer please help me .

answered

Hey Rama, 
yes, the issue that when you do DevDebug in AppCenetr, the APK File that is Generated has IQ Scanner, what you need to do is to read the IQR code from Mendix studio, or type the Local machine IP with the port number (HTTP:/192.169.x.x:8080/)and press the Launch button.  it must work fine. However, you have to be sure from two points before all of that:

1- you have set the URL runtime attribute in your preparation command to (HTTP:/192.169.x.x:8080/) 
2-  to register your app in NRfierbase https://firebase.google.com/ and install the (google service.JSON) and upload it in your Android/App Directory. 

the APK file will un in your phone succesffly 

Good Luk!

answered

Hi Adam Alabtah ,

I am trying to build a native mobile app (.apk) file , i followed the documentation https://docs.mendix.com/howto/mobile/deploying-native-app which was given by mendix . When i am trying to build the app in MS App center using the Build Variant as devRelease/appStoreRelease i am getting the .apk file but the fie is not installing on any of the android devices . When i am trying to build the app in MS App center using the Build Variant as devDebug the .apk file is generating but  after installing it is opening the IQscanner , but i wan to run the .apk file in a device which is not connected to same network .  I didn’t place the .apk file in google i will share them via some means of transfer.

Please help me to get this . 

Thanks

answered

Hey Rama,

The issue has been resolved by upgrading your Mendix studio to 8.5.0 or 8.6.0, so when you do prepare command on the native builder, However, will do Automatic upgrade to Native template on Github as well, Mendix has been updated the native template recently to v3.1.1 and that template has all bugs fixed and all missing configurations.

Anyhow, you can try it and I'm pretty sure it will open with you. But do not forget to do a build command on the native builder to create a branch from your master repository after the prepare command, so you can test on that branch, do not test on the master one :).

Regarding the Build type and build flavors, As you may know, there are two builds release and Debug, for the Flavour we have Appstore and Dev. the one you should use to test on your real device and to be able to get and real APK is Appstore Debug. However, in case your App is ready and you want to release it in-app store you can build using Appstore release after generating Sign key :). Kindly note, that the old versions of the native template have a lot of messing configurations such as Google services, NRfirbase ..... etc so you need to add them manually, later All those have been added and Imported in the native template :) with V3.1.1, and now I can get an APK woking on the Android :).

Hope I answered your question. do not hesitate to answer further questions.

Regards. Adam Alabtah.

answered