Text Box Search - Distinction between uppercase and lowercase characters

Hi all, in our timesheet app we have implemented a text box search widget, to quickly find the relevant tasks. Unfortunately it is neccessary to type in the exact name of the task with uppercase and lowercase characters. For example: If I have the task “Project1” and I am going to type in “project1” , it will not find anything.  Is there a way to switch off the upper- and lowercase distinction? Greets
asked
4 answers

Hi Oskar,

There’s some documentation on this topic, hopefully that helps: https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/case-sensitive-database-behavior

answered

Hi Oskar, 

What you can do is edit the functionality of the textbox search. You can do this by going to the Widgets folder in your Mendix project folder. Look for ListViewControls, and replace the .mpk extension with .zip (make sure to make a backup of the original file).

Then extract the .zip file, and open the contents. You will see it contains the TextBoxSearch widget:

You can then open the .js file and edit the functionality of this widget to meet your requirements. After you are done, save everything and change your .zip back into a .mpg file. That's it!

answered

Thanks Ward for your response,

that was a good hint. I have done all the steps which u have mentioned.

Unfortunatelly i am receiving the following message when launching the application in Mendix Studio Pro.

Is there something else i need to do?

Greets Oskar

answered

Dear Ward and Marius,

thanks again for your response,

Ok now i have figured a way more strange behaviour regarding the text box search.

The App where i have this behaviour is running on premise on a dev server and on a prod server. 

In the dev enviroment i do not have any case sensivity when performing the search.

In prod environment the text box search is case sensitive.

Both are running with the same revision.

This means for me, that your approach isn’t the right one in this case.

Do u know where to configure the case sensitivity of the text box search?

Greets Oskar

answered