Using Zapier or Automate.io to trigger actions in MailChimp or ConstantContact

Has anyone used Zapier or Automate.io to trigger actions in MailChimp or ConstantContact, after a database insert or microflow in Mendix. Would love better visual integration capability - e.g. so could trigger a neatly formatted MailChimp email after form submission or database insert in Mendix.
asked
3 answers

Cynthia,

I have integrated Mendix with Hubspot.  This was to enable my customer to trigger campaigns and automated (pretty) emails from Hubspot based on events in a Mendix app.  I just did a quick search and Mailchimp has an API similar to Hubspot’s for building this kind of integration.  Constant Contact also offers an API.  Seems like API availability is probably table stakes for these types of platforms currently.

I may be missing something, but I don’t see what value add Zapier or Automate.io would offer for this requirement.

Let me know if I can answer some more detailed questions about the integration I built or what you need to accomplish.

Mike

answered

Mike,

Thank you for your swift response. I was literally asking for a friend and have shared your answer and will let you know how it goes.

Again, thanks,

Cynthia

answered

mailChimp can be integrate with rest api

curl --request POST \
--url 'https://usX.api.mailchimp.com/3.0/lists' \
--user 'anystring:apikey' \
--header 'content-type: application/json' \
--data '{"name":"Freddie'\''s Favorite Hats","contact":{"company":"Mailchimp","address1":"675 Ponce De Leon Ave NE","address2":"Suite 5000","city":"Atlanta","state":"GA","zip":"30308","country":"US","phone":""},"permission_reminder":"You'\''re receiving this email because you signed up for updates about Freddie'\''s newest hats.","campaign_defaults":{"from_name":"Freddie","from_email":"freddie@freddiehats.com","subject":"","language":"en"},"email_type_option":true}' \
--include

constantContact is just the same, can able integrate with REST api

https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/account/verify-email-addresses.html

answered