Bulk/grouped conditional editability available?

I have a form on page, within a data view that contains many input fields (20 – 30). I would like to bulk control whether these fields are all editable, or all non-editable based on an attribute the object associated with my data view. I can apply my editability conditional statement on a per-input field basis but cant find a way to apply the control on a bulk basis. I could create a duplicate page and have the whole dataview as non-editable in the duplicate but then I have two pages to maintain rather than one.  Is there something i’m missing or should I put this in the ideas section? 
asked
2 answers

You can put all the input widgets in a snippet. Then you have two pages, where you set editability on the Data View. In my experience, this is a very common thing in Mendix projects, where you have Entity_NewEdit pages and Entity_View pages.

This also allows you to change the contents of the control bar of the Data View: in the Entity_View page, you can add a ClosePage button, instead of the Save and Cancel buttons of the Entity_NewEdit page.

answered

See also this question: https://forum.mendix.com/link/questions/97154

answered