mendix version control - commit performance problems

I've been seeing this for some time – the “finish commit” portion of committing changes takes several minutes, even for a single change. I've tried using TortoiseSVN 1.7.x (against Mendix 7x) cleanup feature, all options, and that made no difference. I then tried deleting all but the latest tag in the system (as deployments generate tags and I had quite a few). still the “finish commit” portion takes minutes for a simple change.  anyone have other suggestions to solve this problem? i’m assuming i’m using Mendix’s internal cloud based source control system.
asked
3 answers

One reason for commits being slow can be that Studio Pro waits for Studio to also incorporate the changes that are committed. To remedy this, check the branch manager (Project > More versioning > Manage branch lines). If a branch is enabled for collaboration, there will be a globe next to it. You can create a fresh branch and choose “Enable for Mendix Studio” for that branch. In this way, the other branch (e.g. main line) will not try to bring Studio up to date, which will improve performance.

answered

I’ve also noticed that commits are taking longer. The other day I was setting up a new project and my commit took 40 minutes. Have you tried doing a commit with svn? I haven’t tried it yet but its worth a shot. 

answered

quick wrap-up: the commit times are much better this week. per Austin McNicholas, there were performance problems last week.

answered