MindSphere Learning Path - access denied to timeseries inside MindSphere

Hi, first I want to be very thankfull for the MindSphere Learning Path “and” for this user-friendly solution to create MindSphere apps such fast. All is fine according to the learning path content. But when trying to run the app not only in dev mode inside Mendix, but additionally after upload to MindSphere, the time series is not displayed because of an authentication error: Request failed with status 401 and message {"timestamp":"2019-10-21T12:58:09.955+0000","status":401,"error":"Unauthorized","message":"Access is denied","path":"/api/iottimeseries/v3/timeseries/c192e267b8b5463cb9f5dfdec5d9ced2/Metrics"} I can imagine that this (self-defined) error is caused by authentication setting in MindSphere, so I gave the user all rights … but without success … Any idea, has someone also passed the new MindSphere Learning Path and then tried to additionally let the result run on MindSphere? Some response would be very nice :-). Best regards Gerd Mendix Version 8.2.2   In the local Mendix Dev Env all is fine:  
asked
5 answers

Hi,
ups it seems that there is a MindSphere API role missing in the learning path. 
Please go to “Developer Cockpit”, “Roles and Scopes Management” and add the MindSphere API role “mdsp.core:iot.timUser”.  (See also attachement) This role will grant your app the required permissions to read out timeseries data.
In order to get this registered in MindSphere you also have to “Deregister” and “Register” your app in “Developer Cockpit” again. 
After you added the MindSphere API role please log off and login to MindSphere.

Each MindSphere API needs specific Roles & Scopes. You find all of them here:
https://developer.mindsphere.io/concepts/concept-roles-scopes.html

and for the timeseries endpoint here:
https://developer.mindsphere.io/concepts/concept-roles-scopes.html#iot-time-series

answered

Just a quick heads up; the Learning Path has been expanded to include this bit as well. Should be available tomorrow.

answered

Up and running! Thanks :-)

answered

Hi Heiko,

I miss the MindSphere Widgets of the Productivity module like these:

The vector gauge can maybe managed with the Mendix vector gauge, I have to give it a try. In the first step I will try to change the given int input type of the Mendix vector gauge widget into a floating type, because too many use case values are floating up to 4 digits. Int is just inappropriate for a real world use case vector gauge. If not possible, ceiling or flooring isn’t really an option, but to make 24,5 C to a 245 value – not such nice in a dashboard, but working somehow. For the gannt chart I didn’t find a Mendix widget in the Mendix App Store until now. Would be fine to get all this available in Mendix for future ;-).

Best regards

Gerd

answered

I managed to get it fixed with the RGraph Gauge from the Mendix App Store which accepts also float values and additionally has much more MindSphere look and feel. A lot of functionality in this RGraph Gauge :-).

answered