How to create in PEM format TLS certificate, intermediate certificate chain and TLS private key

I have ordered a wild card certificate, imported on my server, then exported in format Personal Information Exchange PKCS #12 (.PFX) including private key (only option on the server). From that I received 4 files: - GlobalSign_PKCS7Cert.cer - GlobalSignRSAOVSSLCA2018_PKCS7Cert.cer - wildcard_allapps_goudse_nl_PKCS7Cert.cer - wildcard_allapps_goudse_nl_X509Cert.cer Now I need to get in PEM format the TLS Certificate, Intermediate Certificate Chain and TLS Private key to be able to import the certificate in sprintr into multiple app environments. Who can tell me how to do that? I've seen multiple openssl commands, but none of them clear enough to be usefull (might require some explicit knowledge missing ….), help is appreciated!
asked
2 answers

Hi Rob, your keys might already be in PEM format. You can open them in a text editor and if they begin with -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- then you're okay.

If you really need to format your certificate into PEM, then run: openssl x509 -inform DER -outform PEM -in server.crt -out server.crt.pem

For the intermediate certificates you need to check the certification path of your domain certificate, see picture.

enter image description here

Then you need to open each of these certificates in your text editor, and copy the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- text etc. into the intermediate certificate section in sprintr.  You can have multiple certificates in this field on sprintr.

Hope this helps

answered

Use the command openssl pkcs12 -in allappsgoudsenl_cert.pfx -out allappsgoudsenl_cert.cer -nodes and use the created file.

answered