Planned Ideas

I am asking this here because maybe someone has more insights than me. Is there some transparent process on how “planned” ideas are treated? What can happen so that an idea loses the “planned” status? The example why I am asking is this Idea: https://forum.mendix.com/link/ideas/100 It’s already pretty old and it seems like it was in “planned” for about 1½ years. But now it’s unplanned again. But there is no explanation why. I don’t think that this is the signal you want to send out to your “community” but maybe it was just an accident. Any more information on things like that?
asked
5 answers

Sorry guys, that was a mistake by me. I did add a message, but did not enable it. This is a very large topic, and took/takes longer as expected, thats why I changes the status, but unfortunatly without message.

We are working on many things, and we continously want to add features that will make your life better and parts are based on the input provided here. The last couple of releases we added several that were ideas on the idea forum. And the good news is that next release(s) we keep including some nice new features (from the idea forum).

The idea forum is a great source, but we always have to prioritize, and we determine  the roadmap based on several sources/inputs. Also, some topics sound small, but they are not, especially not when doing it right.

answered

Good question. Also it would be nice to have some explanation about why some ideas with only 1 or 2 votes made it to release (see 8.2 release for some examples) and others with a lot more votes dont. This doesnt encourage the community to help Mendix with good ideas… :( 

answered

You’ve got a valid point here, Andreas, and I share your opinion. Maybe they are not aware that the community is looking forward to some functionality and is actively monitoring the status of ideas so that they stay well informed apart from the release notes. Anyways, an explanation would have been nice.

answered

Mendix as a platform is developing very fast in all kinds of areas. I guess this just has no priority for them. Which is a pity, because the ideas show them al kinds of stuff developers want them to improve. 

answered

Thank you for posting this, I was wondering the same thing, ideas should not be unplanned without providing any information. Maybe it was just an accident as it is not closed either. 

answered