Mx 8 - multipart/form-data - change the content-type of a specific part

Hi there, I am using a call REST action in Mendix 8 that sends form-data to an API. I am sending a filedocument (.pdf) in the API call:     Mendix translates this to the following part: ------=_Part_7_1147861337.1568979786152 Content-Type: application/octet-stream Content-Disposition: form-data; name="file"; filename="DocumentPDF.pdf" The problem here is that the API now receives my PDF as an octet-stream. Does anyone know how I can change application/octet-stream in something else? I've tried overwriting the Content-Type of the part by adding HTTP headers and extra parts but this is not working. Any ideas? Thanks!    
asked
5 answers

Does it need to be a multipart for any specific reason? You can also send the file as base64 encoded string in the form attributes/properties.

answered

I am now using a custom Java action to solve the content-type issue with sending form-data files. Please let me know if you want me to share it with you.

answered

Hi all,

Sorry for the late response.

Here is the java action that we are using in the project: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zem8nzx2y2235a/PostFileMultipartFormdata.mpk?dl=0

Please note that the code might not be perfect. It is not unit tested and code reviewed properly.

Kind regards,

Tim

answered

As far as I know the Call Rest action does not (yet) support multipart requests. You can only send a FileDocument using Binary for the request.

The RestServices module does support requests where the file is part of a multipart form submit request.

answered

Replying to this old post, because Studio Pro 9.3 has just been released with a new feature: you can now specify headers for the different parts of the form-data request.

answered