Migrate existing ASP.NET application to Mendix

Hi, Can we migrate existing ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server 2012 application to Mendix? Kindly help,   Thanks, Jaydeep  
asked
5 answers

Indeed the code cannot be imported. Best thing is to use the database diagram from SQL Server to implement your domain model. For data we had good experiences using exports to Excel and import those using the Excel Importer to import data in import tables. Some microflows can process this import data into the domain model.

For the screens Mendix is great in crdeating these based pn the domain model. Any logic must be implemneted using microflows. Best thin is to analyse your logic and build the microflows.

Good luck in migrating!

answered

I am sure that there is a way to migrate the data from the database but I don’t think that you can just migrate the application.

answered

I don’t think that you can migrate the code 1:1. I don’t know your code and use case, but you can use Mendix for a lot of use cases.

answered

Thanks everyone for reply

answered

Suppose we have existing .NET legacy application . Can we built front end in Mendix and keeping business logic in legacy application? But legacy application doesn't provide REST API.

Thanks in advance

Jaydeep

answered