Get latest 10 entries form database

I have created an entity having city details. Now I want to retrieve only the latest 10 entries form the database and display it. But i am not able to retrieve that latest entered entries from database. I am using path constraint as ‘[city_name= ‘any city name ’ and ]’ but after “and” i am not able to understand what to write so that i can get only the latest 10 entries for that city from database.  If anyone could tell me how to retrieve the latest 10 entries of a particular city from the database and what can be the XPath constraint for it.
asked
3 answers

Depends on the functionality you want to go for but you have 2 two options:

If you do this in a datagrid: Just sort on createddate descending and show 10 rows, also disable the paging buttons. This will always show the latest 10 db entries.

If you do this in  microflow: also sort on createdddate descending but set the retrieve options to ‘custom’ and add the amout of 10. This will limit your retrieve to the 10 latest entries.

https://docs.mendix.com/refguide7/retrieve#1-introduction

answered

You need to somehow define ‘latest’. Usually, we do this by saving a timestamp in an attribute. If you have such an attribute, in the retrieve you use the Custom setting with offset 0 and amount 10. You sort by the attribute containing the timestamp, descending. This will give you the latest 10 results.

answered

store createdDate and use that to sort.

So much for build in features ;-)

answered