View TIF image on the browser

Hello I am uploading a TIF image from Mendix to a shared location, “\\folder1\folder2\img.TIF” I am using a ‘Dynamic Image Viewer’ widget to show the image on the browser. I have given ‘Image Attribute’ property of the widget as the path(\\folder1\folder2\img.TIF). The issue is, I am not able to see the image on the screen. Mendix is not able to reach the path. (as a result Loader.gif image is getting loaded) I have tried to use the ‘File Document viewer’ widget but with no luck as the .TIF file is getting downloaded in the browser rather than displaying on the screen. Any suggestions or comments on this please. I would prefer using the ‘File Document Viewer’ widget as Iam using the same to display PDF files at other places in the application.        
asked
2 answers

This seems to be the standard behavior for Google Chrome. When I try to open a .tiff image from my local PC in Chrome, it also immediately downloads the image, without displaying it. 

answered

I know this is not an answer on your question, but if it’s okay to ask: why do you want to show a TIFF-image? For performance it’s better to use jpeg or png, and also easy to implement in Mendix.

answered