MySQL8, cant connect to Mendix

Hi everybody, I'm trying to simply import some information from a MySQL 8 db (running locally, newest version, including example data, works). I'm trying to use the following plugin: “Database replication” (including the mxreflex etc stuff) When trying to connect, I get the following error: “The TCP/IP connection to the host localhost, port 3306 has failed. Error: "The driver received an unexpected pre-login response. Verify the connection properties and check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. This driver can be used only with SQL Server 2005 or later.". ClientConnectionId:f65038cc-ba5a-4ada-b642-f3928889252c” I've checked if the localhost:3306 is working and I'm able to reach it using the mysql workbench. So the server is up and running.  Any ideas regarding the relation between mendix and mysql? Found some things on the net but not mendix related (or I missed it completely). Hope you have some ideas! Cheers! Laurens
asked
1 answers

Can you try for example MySQL 5.7, that version worked for me, I had some problems with version 8.x. Downgrading MySQL version should work.

answered