Connect object to unique pair of entities

Hello,  I’m having difficulties connecting an object to 2 entities.  Situation is the following:  I have multiple authorization objects and multiple employees (Many to Many Relation in Domain Model).  As an approver, I want to approve a specific combination of an auth. object and an employee. Meaning, I have X, Y, Z auth. objects, and A, B, C employees. An employee A could own both X and Y for instance, but both the relation to X and to Y have to be approved. Employee B could also have Objects X and Y, but his approval can be different.  I created an Entity “ApprovalStatus” with a 1:1 Relation to both employee and authorization object. However, I can’t figure out on how to connect a created “ApprovalStatus”-Object to the unique pair of employee and authorization object using a microflow. Below is a screenshot of my domain model. The ENUM has the statuses “open”, “approved” and “rejected”. I hope it came clear what I mean. I’m more than happy to get forwarded to the right thread, if this question has been answered before.  Thanks!   Jan 
asked
1 answers

“I can’t figure out how to connect a created “ApprovalStatus”-Object to the unique pair of employee and authorization object using a microflow.” You can’t and you don’t need to. Just:

• change Employee_ApprovalStatus to 1-*
  • change CriticalAuthorization_ApprovalStatus to 1-*
  • delete the association Employee_CriticalAuthorization (first, migrate the objects to ApprovalStatus if it already contains meaningful data)

and your domain model is ready.

Retrieving an Employee’s CriticalAuthorization has to go via ApprovalStatus.

answered