SDK tutorial not working with Mendix Studio 8 Final

I was following the “Create Your First Script” of the API & SDK tutorial found at https://docs.mendix.com/apidocs-mxsdk/mxsdk/creating-your-first-script. Step 4 Opening the App in Studio Pro fails with the following error message: My package.json contains and I’m using Mendix Studio v. 8.0.0 Final   Any suggestions on that?
asked
4 answers

I can reproduce this as well and agree that it shouldn’t happen. This does work if you open the project in Studio Pro with a version below 8 (Mendix Studio Pro 6.* or 7.*).

The reason that it doesn’t work, is that the standard App Template which is being used, is from an old version (and thus compatible for all versions until recently when 8 was released). So if it’s just to learn more about our SDK’s, use Studio Pro 7.23 please. I’ve addressed this issue internally so we can get this fixed for Studio Pro 8.

answered

Are you sure , you are opening the right app? Looks like you opened an old app  created with version 6….

answered

Similarly the widget scaffolding tutorial which leads to widget templates created in 5.19 and then you have to go through the upgrade process.

And unfortunately upgrading is the only safe way around it. 

You’ll need to get Mendix 7.23 and open it in that first, convert it in place, save and then you can open it in 8 and convert in place again.

Hope this helps

answered

We recently upgraded the default project to now use 7.23.1.
So now, when you follow the tutorial, you will be able to open your app in any version of 7.23.1 and up.

answered