How can I change the schedule event interval from UI?

Hi Community, I have a schedule event configured in the modeler which will fire every day and check for the criteria. If it meets the criteria defined, it will send an email notification. Now I want to change the schedule event interval to 2 hrs. I don't want to goto modeler every time to change the schedule event interval. Is there any way to configure the schedule event interval in the UI? So that I can change easily without any changes in the modeler. Please help me with this. I want the interval to be dynamic and it should be from UI. Any ideas how I can achieve this? Thanks in advance.
asked
4 answers

Hi Venkatesh

Configure a SE interval as admin (for example) in the UI is not possible by default. 
you have to build this yourself. I think this is a good idea for the idea forum :-)

For now: You can create a settings entity with a attribute with the SE interval.
In the modeler you can trigger this SE every 5 minutes. The first action in your SE microflow is the check in de settings entity if de SE microflow is allowed to continue. (because the interval moment is ‘true’)

answered

There is an App for that: https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/1750/

It even takes care of issues that a high availability platform brings along. Looks pretty good.

Btw. There is also an older app “microflow scheduler” doing the same and just as good.

answered

In the microflow retrieve an entity that contains the integer value for the hours and a datetime where you can commit the last run time. Now in the microflow retrieve the object check if you need to run and then do your normal stuff. Otherwise just quit. This way you can manipulate entity in the front end without needing to adjust the SEF. And because the SEF still runs every hour for instance you check each hour if it is time to run again.

Regards,

Ronald

answered

Hi Venkatesh

After reading this today I worked on a module that uses org.springframework.scheduling.concurrent.ThreadPoolTaskScheduler and org.springframework.scheduling.support.CronTrigger, and a static HashMap to store the stuff for further manipulation.

Works beautifully and completely reusable in other projects with just two tables, 3 java actions, and that Model Reflection module required. CronTrigger is especially cool if you’re familiar with the Linux/Unix cron stuff. Its all way more reall time than any of these poller solutions I’ve seen, and you can turn the stuff on and off and [re]schedule immediately.

As a further benifit, if you terminate a schedule while the thing is actually running its Microflow job, it will terminate the Microflow as well

answered