Self hosting on our own server(A monster) at a tier one data centre.

Hi guys We have bought our own server and are going to self host our mendix application. We have been testing for a week using mendix server console 4.5.1, mendix version 7.23.6 and postgresql 9.6. All looks really good we have hit the application with more than 100 000 Queues that hammer the system. I have done no custom setting to the server console or postgresql. My question is? Is there any basic do’s and don’t when hosting our own application. I don’t want to learn the hard way.   Regards, Patrick  
asked
1 answers

It depends on what you are trying to do. If you are just over dimensioning hardware so you can be sure you do not have to worry about performance then go ahead and do not worry about performance.

If you are doing this because you have a genuine concern about performance than you need to do some reading up on Postgres performance tuning. The Postgres defaults are not optimal for production environments. A simple Google search for “Postgres performance tuning” or something along those lines will yield enough useful results.

Also, this may or may not be obvious but you need to properly think about monitoring, backups, governance and whatever else comes along with hosting an application.

answered