Studio Pro 8 Upgrade - App Cloud Services errors

Hi,  I suspect I’ve jumped the gun and upgraded too early and definitely without the necessary due course and attention (as I only read this: https://docs.mendix.com/refguide/moving-from-7-to-8#deprecated-apis) after I’d pushed the button. One of my current issues on compile is related to AppCloudServices and use of the depreciated  ISession.getUser() method. I understand that I should use ISession.getUser(context) instead, and assume that I should be updating \Mendix\APP_NAME\javasource\appcloudservices\OpenIDHandler But I don’t really know what I’m doing. Any ideas? An extract of my build fail log is here: compile: [javac] Compiling 592 source files to /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/deployment/run/bin [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/javasource/appcloudservices/OpenIDHandler.java:301: error: method getUser in interface ISession cannot be applied to given types; [javac] if (session != null && !session.getUser().isAnonymous()) { [javac] ^ [javac] required: IContext [javac] found: no arguments [javac] reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/javasource/appcloudservices/OpenIDHandler.java:304: error: method getUser in interface ISession cannot be applied to given types; [javac] String userId = session.getUser().getName(); [javac] ^ [javac] required: IContext [javac] found: no arguments [javac] reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/javasource/appcloudservices/OpenIDHandler.java:374: error: method getUser in interface ISession cannot be applied to given types; [javac] if (session.getUser() != null && [javac] ^ [javac] required: IContext [javac] found: no arguments [javac] reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/javasource/appcloudservices/OpenIDHandler.java:375: error: method getUser in interface ISession cannot be applied to given types; [javac] session.getUser().getName() != null && [javac] ^ [javac] required: IContext [javac] found: no arguments [javac] reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/javasource/appcloudservices/OpenIDHandler.java:376: error: method getUser in interface ISession cannot be applied to given types; [javac] session.getUser().getName().equals(username)) [javac] ^ [javac] required: IContext [javac] found: no arguments [javac] reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/javasource/appcloudservices/actions/LogOutUser.java:34: error: method getUser in interface ISession cannot be applied to given types; [javac] if(session.getUser() != null && session.getUser().getName().equals(openId)) { [javac] ^ [javac] required: IContext [javac] found: no arguments [javac] reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length [javac] /srv/cloud/slots/tr10000/deploy/data/tmp/0c82429d-44f9-4ef0-9e4d-51301094cb8f/src/javasource/appcloudservices/actions/LogOutUser.java:34: error: method getUser in interface ISession cannot be applied to given types; [javac] if(session.getUser() != null && session.getUser().getName().equals(openId)) { [javac] ^ [javac] required: IContext [javac] found: no arguments [javac] reason: actual and formal argument lists differ in length Thank you  Tim  
asked
2 answers

The AppCloudServices module has been deprecated, please check the documentation: https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/934/Mendix/AppCloudServices

It seems there is a beta of the new OpenID integration. referenced in the AppCloudServices documentation. You could try downloading that. 

You could also just give Mendix a call, maybe there is already a new version available.

answered

Hi Tim,

In my opinion you should file a support ticket: The AppCloudServices module is a Mendix addition to the AppStore, and has platform support, so it should be fully supported in the latest version Studio (Pro).

answered