Date field format in editable table: 8.0.0

I created a simple editable grid with a date field. I am in US and my default date format is mm/dd/yyyy. I changed the language setting to European format dd-MMM-yyyy. When I edit my record in a form, I can see the new format all right. When I view the date field in the editable grid, I can see it in the new formal all right. However, when I attempt to change the date field in the grid, no format is accepted. I.e. I cannot change 2-Aug-2019 to 21-Aug-2019 nor can I enter it as 08/21/2019. What is the right date format now?! P.S. Release 8.0.0 is not available from the MEndix Version picker. This is 8.0.0 release on 31-Jul-2019.
asked
2 answers

What does your formatting say in the column of the grid in the modeller? This should be the input format:

answered

Maarten,

I think format in the modeler defeats the purpose of language settings. The format should be driven by the language settings for the current user.

I changed the default date formatting for the language and the editable grid quit working. In release 7.23.7, the accepted editable date format was the ‘original’ default formatting. In case of English, US the editable format was invariably mm/dd/yyyy no matter how you override it in the language settings. In 8.0.0 I do not quite know what is the format which would allow me to enter date.

answered