How to resolve Project Security Incomplete for modules downloaded from mendix app store?

I installed https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/259/ E-mail module with templates which seems fine except that Project Security has me baffled. I appear unable to resolve the “Incomplete” status! Anyone encounter and resolve this issue?
asked
3 answers

Richard,

Those yellow cells mean that there are Pages and Microflows that don’t have any security set on them.  As these are appstore modules, you don’t need to worry about correcting them.  Best practice for appstore modules is not to change them, as your changes may be overridden with the next update from the appstore.  

In all likelihood, there are some future features or changes to these modules that are not fully developed, so the security settings haven’t been completed yet.

Hope that helps,

Mike

P.S. if your curious about what is not complete, in the module, you can double click on security and see all of the pages and microflows what module roles have access to them.  See an example below:

you may note the my EmailTemplates module doesn’t have any pages without security – so I am on a different version of the module than you are.

answered

Thank you Mike! 

I am fine with ignoring these security warnings if only I could. But my runtime pops up an error.

"Executing action failed for security reasons: DS_CheckForSetup"

which resides in the EmailTemplate.Private.Setup

I note that EmailTemplate.Security shows DS_CheckForSetup already checked for Administrator. But strange that OC_TLS (which is unused) shows checked for Adminstrator but is nonetheless YELLOW.

and scrolling to bottom shows the weird result:

Perhaps I should use a different version of the EmailModule? Or a different version of Mendix Desktop Modeler?

answered

Richard,

I saw this on another project too.  Here is what is causing this (I think):

• the EmailTemplate.Administration page calls this microflow.  If you have added this page to your navigation and navigate to that page, this microflow will be called.
  • if the userid that you have logged in as does not have a Project User Role that is mapped to EmailTemplate – Administrator Module Role, you’ll get this error.
  • Note that you’ll also get this error if you have copied the contents of the EmailTemplate.Administration page to another page in your app and navigate to this page as a user

How to eliminate this error:

• if you don’t have a custom page for Email Template  administration in your app, create one
  • Copy the tab container (but not the enclosing data view) from EmailTemplate.Administration page to your custom page
  • Use this newly created page for Email Template administration, not the page from the EmailTemplate module
  • Alternatively, you could add the Administrator module role to one of your Project User Roles and ensure that the administration page for Email Templates is not accessible to any Project User Roles without this role

Some other info:  this microflow checks your app to see that you have all of the components set up to use the EmailTemplate module.  While the idea is a good one, in practice I have found it to be not very helpful.  For this reason, I don’t use it.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered