DB Connector

Hi, This is the first time I am trying to create something with Mendix. I am trying to use Database Connector to connect to external Database. I did following ExecuteQuery – I defined JDBC URL, username, password, sql and result set – as string I defined an entity to hold the result set. I am trying to execute query using microflow. I am getting following error and not able to proceed –    [javac] C:\Users\khandelp\Documents\Mendix\ProgPlanning-main\javasource\databaseconnector\actions\ExecuteStatement.java:71: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]       return connector.executeStatement(jdbcUrl, userName, password, sql);     [javac]                                         ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable jdbcUrl     [javac]   location: class ExecuteStatement     [javac] C:\Users\khandelp\Documents\Mendix\ProgPlanning-main\javasource\databaseconnector\actions\ExecuteStatement.java:71: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]       return connector.executeStatement(jdbcUrl, userName, password, sql);     [javac]                                                  ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable userName     [javac]   location: class ExecuteStatement     [javac] C:\Users\khandelp\Documents\Mendix\ProgPlanning-main\javasource\databaseconnector\actions\ExecuteStatement.java:71: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]       return connector.executeStatement(jdbcUrl, userName, password, sql);     [javac]                                                            ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable password     [javac]   location: class ExecuteStatement     [javac] C:\Users\khandelp\Documents\Mendix\ProgPlanning-main\javasource\databaseconnector\actions\ExecuteStatement.java:71: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]       return connector.executeStatement(jdbcUrl, userName, password, sql);     [javac]                                                                      ^     [javac]   symbol:   variable sql     [javac]   location: class ExecuteStatement     [javac] 4 errors BUILD FAILED
asked
2 answers

Are you sure you are using the right activity? The error points to ExecuteStatement (instead of ExecuteQuery which you should use for your select statement)

answered

After installing right jdbc driver I am not getting following error on execution of a Microflow –

com.mendix.core.CoreException: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at MyFirstModule.SearchFlow (JavaAction : 'Execute query')

Advanced stacktrace:
	at com.mendix.basis.component.InternalCoreBase.execute(InternalCoreBase.java:389)

Caused by: com.mendix.modules.microflowengine.MicroflowException: com.mendix.core.CoreRuntimeException: com.mendix.systemwideinterfaces.MendixRuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at MyFirstModule.SearchFlow (JavaAction : 'Execute query')

Any help is appreciated.

answered