Academy: Resource/example build for: Expand Your Domain Modeling Skills

Hello, I’m stuck on a few aspects of the Expand Your Domain Modeling Skills learning path.  Is there an example solution?  The resource tab is empty for me. Thank you for your time Phil
asked
4 answers

Not sure if there is an example solution (perhaps someone who finished the learning path will share his or her solution when reading this thread) but what was the issue/solution you’re not sure about or would like to know how to solve?

answered

Appreciate your help.

When adding a 'New Player', I need to retrict the Team field to the originating Team object, rather than the full list of teams.

I've tried various xpathS:

[FootballSquad.Player_Team/FootballSquad.Player]
brings the first team only.

[FootballSquad.Player_Team/FootballSquad.Player/FootballSquad.Player_Team='[%CurrentObject%]']
blank

[FootballSquad.Player_Team='[%CurrentObject%]']
blank

Sorry for such a simple question but i'm stuck.

answered

No Problem!

I found the learning path: it asks you to add a default ‘create’ button, and when selecting an Entity (path) in the Events section, start with your Team entity at the top, expand, and over association select the Player. This way this association is automatically set. Similar example:

An alternative approach to have the button call a microflow, with ‘Team’ as an input parameter. In the microflow you can create the Player object and connect it to the team, before opening your newEdit page using the newly created object. In the NewEdit page, the ‘Team’ attribute shouldn’t be editable, but read-only.

answered

Thanks!   I did the entity election via team association but couldn’t prevent the list showing.  making it ‘never editable’ gets around this

Cheers!!

answered