How can I cause the default value of an entity attribute to display in the text box associated with the attribute?

How can I cause the default value of an entity attribute to display in the text box associated with the attribute? For example for Q1 I defined as follows:   But on the page, Q1’s field only shows as: E.g.    Hoping to view           Q1    [How did you determine the Tumor Type for this case?]     Using Mendix Desktop Developer 7.23.3      
asked
2 answers

Have you started the app and opened the page? What you are seeing in the modeler is the Attribute name and the label. The Attribute will be resolved to a value when you run and view the app.

answered

What you want is not a “default text” but a "Placeholder text”. A "default text” is the attribute's value that it is given directly upon creation of the object it belongs to. And if it does not get changed, it will be stored in the database.

A “placeholder text” is what you describe, the text shown in the attribute's box, which disappears when the user types anything in the box. You define that on the page at the attribute's property:

And it looks like this:

answered