Database migration MSSQL to Postgres error

We have an application running on premise connected to a mssql database server and want to migrate the application to the cloud. One part of this, is migrating the database from MSSQL to Postgres. According to https://docs.mendix.com/howto7/data-models/migrating-your-mendix-database this should be a simple step ;).  Unfortunately  we are running into some issues with the data that is in the MSSQL database. During the migration (done by the modeler) we are receiving the following error: "invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00".  Since MSSQL does not understand UTF8, the data is stored a different pagecode/encoding. I guess win1252 since this is the default for mssql. Because of the error, the migration stops ofcourse. What is the best thing we can do to fix this issue? Is there any way that mendix can do a data conversion from WIN1252 to UTF8 before putting the data into the UTF8 postgres database? I don't see any options for this in the documentation….  Another solution would be to use a thirdparty tool for the database migration, which maybe can give some other errors in combination with Mendix. Therefore i want to use Mendix default if possible. Application is on mendix 7.15.1
asked
0 answers