“Compilation of Java actions failed when running a downloaded APP

Dear all, i am new to Mendix, so i tried to download some apps from APP STORE and play around with it on my local PC. but i came across the very same error for all the apps that i have tried. anyone please give me a hint on this? thanks. Here are the error details: Buildfile: D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\deployment\build_core.xml compile:     [javac] Compiling 33 source files to D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\deployment\run\bin     [javac] D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\javasource\siemensentitlementssointegration\implementation\handlers\CallbackHandler.java:218: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         List<IMendixObject> objects = Core.retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(context,      [javac]                                           ^     [javac]   symbol:   method retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(IContext,String,String,String,String)     [javac]   location: class Core     [javac] D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\javasource\siemensentitlementssointegration\implementation\util\SessionUtil.java:69: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         List<IMendixObject> tokenObjects = Core.retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(context,      [javac]                                                ^     [javac]   symbol:   method retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(IContext,String,String,String,String)     [javac]   location: class Core     [javac] D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\javasource\siemensentitlementssointegration\implementation\util\UserClaimsMapper.java:225: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         List<IMendixObject> objects = Core.retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(this.context,      [javac]                                           ^     [javac]   symbol:   method retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(IContext,String,String,String,String)     [javac]   location: class Core     [javac] D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\javasource\siemensentitlementssointegration\implementation\util\UserClaimsMapper.java:242: error: cannot find symbol     [javac]         List<IMendixObject> objects = Core.retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(this.context,      [javac]                                           ^     [javac]   symbol:   method retrieveXPathQueryEscaped(IContext,String,String,String,String)     [javac]   location: class Core     [javac] Note: D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\javasource\siemensentitlementssointegration\implementation\util\UserClaimsMapper.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.     [javac] Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.     [javac] 4 errors BUILD FAILED D:\UserData\z003vxmh\Documents\Mendix\Siemens_Starter_Project_with_CES_SSO_Newton\deployment\build_core.xml:29: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details. Total time: 6 seconds
asked
3 answers

You’ll need to view the error details and look into those specific classes or at least give us some more details.

The message you get could be anything from library conflicts to dependencies that cannot be resolved.

If you want to look into the details yourself see this document on using eclipse with Mendix

Hope this helps

answered

That looks like custom Java. At least I do not recognize that SSO Newton module. Something Siemens specific?

Regards,

Ronald

[EDIT]

Or is this module use: https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/108805/Mendix/Siemens-MindSphere-SSO

answered

I just now tried 8.0.0’s “Siemens MindSphere Starter Application-main”. Same error that you got. This error is not common. Usually Apps do function quite well. Best advise is to try some other Apps first since this bug that are running into is not a showcase to get you started. Or try some learning path on the Academy.

answered