UI question

I have a list of objects(fetched from DB). These are available on my context object. I need to show (one attribute of these objects), as a drop down list.(like enumerated but this has to be created dynamic) Note: Also, the content of the above list will have to change based on selection of another attribute of a different object.  What kind of widgets are best suited for this? I am newbie to mendix.  Experimented with few, but they are not meeting the needs. Wanted to get some advise from experts.
asked
4 answers

Hello Manyam,

You’ll need to create an association between your content entity (the one which has the dropdown) and the entity which is meant to provide the dropdown options. 

You can then use a Reference selector (if selecting one) or Reference set selector to display the selection. If these are not suitable (for example you cannot constrain your selectable options via XPath) you can try the bootstrap multi selector widget from the app store or the dropdown selector – I believe both should allow the source to be defined via microflow.

Hope this helps 

answered

Manyam,

You can accomplish this with a reference selector.  You’ll need to create an association between the entity that contains the list of objects you referenced and another entity where you will choose one value from that list to set the value of the association.  Then, in a dataview of the second entity, you can add a reference selector, point to the association you created and you’ll get a drop down list to choose from.

Once you get that working, you can use the Selectable Objects tab of the reference selector to constrain which values appear in the drop down.

Hope that helps,

Mike

answered

Check out Dropdown div converted. https://appstore.home.mendix.com/link/app/2089/ Maybe this is what you are looking for.

answered

The reference selector is your friend here. Create associations from your context object to your selected object. This association will be used to hold the current selection. For cascading selections (like the Make then Model of a car)  use the Constrained By option on the reference selector.

answered