Error 405 Method not Allowed in a random Patch call

Hello, We're now using lots of REST calls, mainly Get calls, and some are Patches. They've always been working well, never had any problems with making or calling any of them. But recently I made another and it's now always returning a 405 Method not Allowed error even though the configuration is exactly the same as with the others; without any headers, no return value and a plain HTTP authentication. I'm just sending over a JSON body, just like the other Patch calls and the URL contains out of the normal rest URl with one added operation path simply called “save” which isn't a restricted word, cause I've even tried changing that :) It also keeps sending “Allow: GET” in the response header, which makes no sense cause it's no possible to send a body with a Rest GET. If anyone could  be able to shed some light on to why the 405 error could start appearing all of a sudden, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
asked
3 answers

This documentation page may help you find the issue. Furthermore, you can set the REST publish node to trace, to see why Mendix is choosing the operation.

answered

Alright, seems like I solved it. Some wizard must have put a spell on my rest calls, cause I have 2 more Patch calls (operations) in the same resource with URL's: “URL/resource/path1” and “URL/resource/path/param1/param2” and I used to use “URL/resource/path2” for my non-functioning Patch call. I then tried “URL/resource/path2/param1” and “URL/resource/path2/path3” which also didn't work. I now have “URL/resource/path2/path3/path4” which does seem to work for some reason.

In short: Apparently my URL just needed a few more operation paths in it's URL to make it work and not suggest me using a GET call anymore. I've got no idea why or how, so if anyone has a better understanding of why this happend, please let me know, I'm very curious.

answered

To resolve error method 405 not allowed can be solved through different methods Paslechoix. You can do it by completing restoring your website from a backup. This can be done by going to hPanel, and choose Backups under Files. Now tap the option of Select from Files backups and choose the date tap on Show files, which will load all your content from that date. Then you can navigate through the folders and choose the ones that you need to restore before you are about to press on Restore files. In the end, press on the option of Restore again, and the system will begin the process and send an alert once the process is finished. This will surely resolve the 405 errors code easily.

answered