Current Session ID

Hey Guys,   I have a couple of applications that talk to each other via deeplink and a webservice, both applications are on different nodes, and make up part of one user journey.  Currently it works going from application A to application B, as its part of the usual user journey, the problem lies if the user hits the back button, it goes back to application A but creates a new session ID, which results in the user losing their information. Does anyone know how to make sure mendix doesn’t create a new session for this user.
asked
3 answers

My assumption is that the user should not go back but go forward so the person can be redirected to the other app again. You can not disable the back button but I would warn the user when the user tries it. On stack overflow some hints on how to achieve that: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12381563/how-to-stop-browser-back-button-using-javascript

Regards,

Ronald

answered

when you redirect the user to the 2nd application, open the page in a new tab in the browser, and keep the old page open as well.

Now you have both apps running with independent session IDs, and if one tab is closed it will have no impact on the other pages data.

answered

Maybe it’s possible to open app B through an iFrame in app A?

answered