Can run APM2 in Mendix but not able to create deployment package

I am able to make APM2 run locally. I committed the changes and try to create a deployment package. This generates the following error: Buildfile: C:\Users\bertk\AppData\Local\Temp\3054bvkm.r5c\deployment\build_core.xml compile: [javac] Compiling 821 source files to C:\Users\bertk\AppData\Local\Temp\3054bvkm.r5c\deployment\run\bin [javac] C:\Users\bertk\AppData\Local\Temp\3054bvkm.r5c\javasource\apmagent\actions\EvaluateValueExpression_WithHistory.java:19: error: package nl.mansystems.shared does not exist [javac] import nl.mansystems.shared.SharedFunctions; [javac] ^ [javac] C:\Users\bertk\AppData\Local\Temp\3054bvkm.r5c\javasource\apmagent\actions\GetProjectId.java:12: error: package nl.mansystems.shared does not exist [javac] import nl.mansystems.shared.SharedFunctions; I have installed APM and APM2  side-by-side. But only one version running at the same time.
asked
3 answers

Hi Bert,

When you go to the userlib folder in your project folder, you will see files with the name “apmagent_obfuscated_merged_<version>.jar”. There you can delete the apmagent_obfuscated_merged_<older version>.jar file.

When upgrading a module that has .jar files, the Mendix platform/ modeler (studio pro) is never deleting older .jar files. That's why it's in the installation manual. 

How would you like to see that the installation manual is improved? 

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Jeffrey

answered

Jeffrey, How do I mark the answer as accepted? 

answered

Problem solved. Probably deleted a jar file that was needed.

Both App Store modules have been reinstalled. Had some difficulty because language translation has disappeared. But finally succeeded.

The instructions in the installation manual are not really useful:

3 Upgrading

To upgrade an APM 2 agent follow these steps

1. In Mendix Studio Pro with your app import to replace the Mendix Application Performance 
   Monitor module from the Mendix App Store.
2. Remove the old APM 2 agent jar from your userlib folder
3. Before testing in Mendix Studio Pro, use the Clean deployment directory option.

What are the ‘old APM agent jar’ files? 

answered