Mendix Studio and/or Mendix Studio Pro in Linux

Does anyone had any success installing the Desktop version of Mendix in Linux.
asked
4 answers

Mendix Studio pro can only be installed on WIndows. Only option you have is installing Windows on the machine (direct or via a virtual machine.)

answered

No chance to make it work over wine? Even after installing DirectX, visual C++ redistributable and other usual components?

answered

As an update to everyone who has been commenting, like Dominik and Alex:
Ultimately, I ended up dropping Mendix altogether. The software may be amazing for developing business websites, but the combination of not being able to develop in my preferred programming languages (Go/Lua inside of it) and being locked to Mac OS and Windows even being a Java application at the core, is just too much.

I’ve lost work multiple times because of the application failing due to Microsoft Windows, and the Mac OS version isn’t as good (reason why even some developers I’ve met from Mendix itself use Windows under a VM).

At the end of the day. It isn’t worth it to focus my career on low-code yet. Maybe in the future...

answered

The same as Gustavo: my os is Ubuntu v22. I don't have Windows or AppleMac machines, which unfortunately means I can't come to the party. After seeing a Code Institute jobs fair back in the autumn which was shared between Mendix and Microsoft, I was looking forward to learning about Low Code. Guess I'll go through the courses but ultimately I will have to go elsewhere. Sorry :(

answered