Custom Domain Certificate Upload Woes

Hey all, Whenever I try to upload an SSL cert for our custom domain, I receive an error: “ Failed to get the Modulus of the TLS Private Key. “. I received a PFX from my local security team, used openssl to extract the key, main cert, and certificate chain certs into their own files. I noticed that there were trailing spaces on each line, so I removed those, as that seemed weird in a base64 string. For my intermediate chain, I found that we had 3 certificates from Entrust for the chain, but only one intermediate cert field. Anyways, how do I upload my PEM cert and get it to successfully save? Which certificate for Entrust do I use? They have a cert for L1K, a cert for G2, and one without any extra distinction, do I need one of them or all three? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Colin
asked
2 answers

Could it be that there are illegal characters in the key? You can check this with this command:

# file server.key

If there are you could try this openssl command to remove them.

# tail -c +4 server.key > new_server.key

And you can verify your chain also. See stack overflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25482199/verify-a-certificate-chain-using-openssl-verify

Regards,

Ronald

answered

After working through Ronald’s answer on here, and some calls to Mendix, the answer turned out to be that after I converted the PFX to PEM, I then needed to change the encryption of the key from 509...something...to RSA, all through OpenSSL. Once I did that, I was able to get everything uploaded!

Thanks everyone!

answered