Issue while running a docker image

I am trying to build and run a docker image for my Mendix app with the help of Docker Mendix Buildpack. I have referred following links : Building Docker Image Running Docker Image    While running docker image , command given is  docker run -it \ -e ADMIN_PASSWORD=Password1! \ -e DATABASE_ENDPOINT=postgres://username:password@host:port/mendix \ mendix/mendix-buildpack:v1.2 I have following queries ; What is the significance of ADMIN_PASSWORD here? My application is using default database. In fact, App has no operation of database. But DATABASE_ENDPOINT is shown as required field. it is not accepting blank value. Why So ? If I use postgres related value as shown in above code snippet, it is giving connection time out. May be because docker image has no postgres installed on it. But documentation has no mention about any manual step for it. Is ‘mendix/mendix-buildpack:v1.2’ is a sample image name here ?   Please refer to below image for error :  
asked
1 answers

Hi Rushikesh,

1. ADMIN_PASSWORD is the password for your root user – MxAdmin. You need that to be able to create other accounts and setup initial configuration.
  2. Your app uses default database when running on local. Mendix app need a database to run. I would recommend you to run a simple postgres container in your docker set up and use it as a database. 
  3. See recommendation in point 2.
  4. ‘mendix/mendix-buildpack:v1.2’ is a the buildpack for the mendix app to run as a container
answered