upgrading from mx7 to mx8react?

from what I understand is: by looking at the different themes folders I can identify 3 different theme folders. Mx8: project / theme / styles / custom / custom.scss Mx8react: project / theme / styles / native / app / custom.js project / theme / styles / web / sass / app / custom.scss  there is a difference between mx8 (web) projects and mx8 react projects? is this correct? will the Mx8react styling eventually replace the default Mx8? are there any other differences between Mx8 and Mx8react other then the way styling is implemented? can you interchange folders or do you need to configure something? what are other things you run into when upgrading from Mx7 to Mx8react how does it coop with UI Resources module. Can you “just” install a Atlas UI Resource module from Mx7 in a Mx8 project? (Ronnie)   - AtlasUI at some point will switch to the Mx8react folder structure (expected June 2019). - To start styling an upgraded Mx7 project it is advised to copy the styling from the Mx8react project by exporting the AtlasUI module and importing it in your upgraded project, this should ensure you have the right file structure in your themes project. - - -      
asked
3 answers

I got one more question regarding this topic:

and how does it coop with UI Resources module. Can you “just” install a Atlas UI Resource module from Mx7 in a Mx8 project?

answered

Ok I recieved an email from Danny which indirectly answered some questions.
If I understood correctly this is what he said:

AtlasUI at some point will switch to the Mx8react folder structure (expected June 2019).

To start styling an upgraded Mx7 project it is advised to copy the styling from the Mx8react project by exporting the AtlasUI module and importing it in your upgraded project, this should ensure you have the right file structure in your themes project.

answered

Thanks for looking into this Jason!

answered