Merge times out

I'm trying to merge a couple of revisions from one branch to another and it seems to time out, ending with this message: SharpSvn.SvnSystemException: Error retrieving REPORT (730054): De externe host heeft een verbinding verbroken. at SharpSvn.SvnClientArgs.HandleResult(SvnClientContext client, SvnException error, Object targets) at SharpSvn.SvnClient.Merge[TRevisionRange](String targetPath, SvnTarget source, ICollection`1 mergeRange, SvnMergeArgs args) at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.<>c__DisplayClass67_0.<Merge>b__0(ISvnClient c) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 872 at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.SvnConnector.PathClientDo(String workingCopyPath, Action`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\VersionControl\SvnConnector.cs:line 903 at Mendix.Modeler.VersionControl.RevMerger.SvnMerge(RevMergeState state, IProgressInfo info) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core.View\VersionControl\RevMerger.cs:line 351 The infamous ‘ignore’ property only contains 10 lines and I am using Mendix 7.23.3. Updating and committing of both branches goes fine. I have already tried reducing the number of merged revisions. Any ideas on what could be causing this?
asked
1 answers

Hello Remco,

Not sure if this is the case for you as well, but I’ve been having issues where I got a “Connection was closed by the host” when merging on a client’s network. 

Seems very similar to what you got as it didn’t allow me to merge any number of revisions. 

It’s quite a silly workaround, but I’ve resolved it by using a different network or a hotspot to do the merge – i.e. a network with faster speed. Maybe that’s something you can try

Hope this helps

answered