An item with the same key has already been added. (While Merging)

I’m Merging Mainline up to a Branch, as with most Merges it gets quite painful when you get a bunch of Conflicts.  My Current process for resolving conflicts Microflows/Pages = Duplicate the Conflicted resource, click ‘Use theirs’ and then combine after, deleting the Duplicate. Domain models = ID Whats different, use one Domain model and then re-create whatever’s missing.   I did all of this, resolved all Conflicts, then had a few last errors to sort. Most of the errors were due to ‘Resource not available’ Such as a Domain model entity, which in some places i re-named, in others I created it, as it wasn’t available. I’ve now got down to my final error, (Association no longer exists) which may be the issue in question here, but it won’t let me resolve the error because I get the following message.    System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)   I’ve read another post – https://community.mendix.com/link/questions/90408 – That says I shouldn’t be re-creating the entity i should move it, but that was for combining modules I’m guessing as part of the same Branch. This is combining Main and a Branch with different code versions. And because of all the changes its hard to ID exactly which item is causing the problem.   How do I go about tackling this? Where and what should I be looking for?     Also I’m on Modeler version 7.21, It wasn’t available in the drop down   Advanced Stacktrace for reference  Mendix.Modeler.Utility.Progress.ProgressException ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)    at Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates.Documents.DocumentTemplate.<>c__DisplayClass78_0.<GetParameters>b__0(Widget widget) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates\Documents\DocumentTemplate.cs:line 413    at Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates.Documents.Widgets.Grids.MxTemplateGrid.ForEachWidgetDo(Action`1 code) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates\Documents\Widgets\Grids\MxTemplateGrid.cs:line 93    at Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates.Documents.DocumentTemplate.ForEachWidgetDo(Action`1 code) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates\Documents\DocumentTemplate.cs:line 426    at Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates.Documents.DocumentTemplate.GetParameters() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates\Documents\DocumentTemplate.cs:line 414    at Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates.GenerateDocumentAction.GenerateDocumentAction.CheckParameterMappingUpToDate() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates\GenerateDocumentAction\GenerateDocumentAction.cs:line 57    at Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates.GenerateDocumentAction.GenerateDocumentAction.Check(IProblems problems) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.DocumentTemplates\GenerateDocumentAction\GenerateDocumentAction.cs:line 130    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.ActionActivity.Check(IProblems problems) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\FlowObjects\ActionActivity.cs:line 374    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.MicroflowBase.Check(IProblems problems) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\MicroflowBase.cs:line 352    at Mendix.Modeler.Microflows.Microflow.Check(IProblems problems) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Microflows\Microflows\Microflow.cs:line 149    at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.EnumerableUtil.ForEach[T](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility\EnumerableUtil.cs:line 150    at Mendix.Modeler.Common.ResolveCache.TrackResolves(Action code) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Common\Problems\ResolveCache.cs:line 67    at Mendix.Modeler.Projects.Checks.DocumentCheck.CheckDocument(IDocument document, IUsages usages) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Projects\Checks\DocumentCheck.cs:line 45    at Mendix.Modeler.Projects.Checks.DocumentCheck.Check(IProject project, ProjectChanges changes, IProblems problems) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Projects\Checks\DocumentCheck.cs:line 30    at Mendix.Modeler.Projects.Checks.ProjectChecker.<>c__DisplayClass5_1.<Check>b__0(ProjectChanges changes) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Projects\Checks\ProjectChecker.cs:line 54    at Mendix.Modeler.Projects.Checks.ChangedDocumentTracker.TryProcessChangesSync(Action`1 changeProcessor) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Projects\Checks\ChangedDocumentTracker.cs:line 35    at Mendix.Modeler.Projects.Checks.ProjectChecker.Check(IProject project) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Projects\Checks\ProjectChecker.cs:line 37    at Mendix.Modeler.Common.BackgroundCheckRunner.Check(IProject project) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Common\Problems\BackgroundCheckRunner.cs:line 103    at Mendix.Modeler.Common.BackgroundCheckRunner.<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<StartChecking>b__0() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Common\Problems\BackgroundCheckRunner.cs:line 46 --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)    at Mendix.Modeler.Common.BackgroundCheckRunner.<Start>d__4.MoveNext() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Common\Problems\BackgroundCheckRunner.cs:line 30    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)    at Mendix.Modeler.Common.BackgroundChecker.OnCheckComplete(Task`1 result) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Common\Problems\BackgroundChecker.cs:line 137    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)    at Mendix.Modeler.Common.BackgroundChecker.Check() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Core\Common\Problems\BackgroundChecker.cs:line 87    at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProgressUtil.<>c__DisplayClass2_0`1.<Do>b__0(IProgressInfo info) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProgressUtil.cs:line 44    at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.RunStep(Step step) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:line 81    at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.OnDoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:line 61    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnDoWork(DoWorkEventArgs e)    at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.WorkerThreadStart(Object argument)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProcessRunner.Run() in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProcessRunner.cs:line 43    at Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework.Progress.ProgressUtil.Do[T](String message, Func`1 action) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.UIFramework\Progress\ProgressUtil.cs:line 47    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)    at Mendix.Modeler.Utility.ToolStripEx.WndProc(Message& m) in C:\jenkins-ci\workspace\AppStudio3.0-Build\modeler\Mendix.Modeler.Utility.Gui\Toolstrip\ToolStripEx.cs:line 142    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)      
asked
1 answers

Hello Adrian,

Have you tried finding if there’s an item with the same name (Through CTRL+G) ? Mendix requires the association name to be unique within that module as it creates a DB table for it.

If there isn’t one, can you not create a new association and change the retrieve in question to match your new association?

Hope this helps

answered