Thanks for using our generator and how-to documentation!!
We really appreciate your questions and we already implemented and published the extensibility you mentioned in item 3 in the version 0.1.1 of the Pluggable Widgets Tools :)
About your questions, here are the answers:
- Nowadays we have some limitation using Pluggable Widgets (like use of lists as attributes), please be aware about this. About the update, I think you can use componentWillReceiveProps, that is before the render or componentWillUpdate/componentDidUpdate, but if you need to re-render the component, use the state, then the component will be automatically re-rendered.
- As the generator and build tools are beta versions we are still improving these tools. In the version (0.1.1) of the Pluggable Widgets Tools you will can extend your webpack configurations. See the README at Widget Tools to learn how to extend.
- Can you please provide more details about this question (also package.json content), because we don't have any reference to widget.js inside our tools. I think this file is related to Dojo widgets.
- Imports are case sensitive depending on the OS. In MacOS you can configure to be sensitive, by default is case insensitive. Also windows. If you are talking about the component attribute, in TS it will fail during the build phase, in JS it will fail during the runtime.
- You can install the react extensions for your Chrome Dev Tools or FF Dev Tools → https://github.com/facebook/react-devtools
- We are following the same dependencies delivered with the Mendix Studio pro, so when Mendix Studio Pro bump the version we will also updated our tools.
Thanks again for your contribution and if you have any other questions, let us know.