Save value from Reference Selector to a different entity attribute

Hi everyone. I’m using Mendix for a school project and I’m running into a few issues using the reference selector. I have an entity that stores trucking tires and all their information called tire info. I have another entity called purchase request where a user can go to a form and fill out a purchase request only for the tires that are already in the tire info database. Both entities have a brand and model attribute. I have two reference selectors displaying the tire brand and model and once the user clicks save on the form, I want the values in the reference selector to be saved to the brand and model attributes in my purchase request entity. Any idea on how to do that would be really appreciated. I’m fairly new to Mendix and am still trying to figure a lot of things out.
asked
2 answers

Hi Andrew, 

If you want to save the brand and model to your purchase request, you could use a custom save microflow in which you retrieve the Tireinfo.Brand and TireInfo.Model over assocation from PurchaseRequest. Then you would set your PurchaseRequest.Brand and Model with a Change Object action based on the TireInfo attributes.

Does that help you out?

answered

Thank you for your reply! Your suggested worked perfectly thank you again!

answered