View in Mendix App vs Hybrid Phone App Online

While developing a mobile app in Mendix I noticed that in some instances while previewing on a mobile device with the “View in the Mendix App” option the result doesn’t look good. When I develop usually I check the result in the browser (Chrome) with the “Hybrid Phone App Online” and it looks fine. I design farely complex designs and have to use some CSS approaches that might not work on every browser. So my question is it a big concern how the app looks on the Mendix app? I am new to Mendix and haven’t yet deployed a real app.
asked
2 answers

hi there, 

for my experience, you have to use mobile widget in order to make it work mobile. there are some widget for responsive web application, however when using these widgets for mobile the touch feel is not smooth.

answered

Hello Armands, 

From my side I believe that the best option for testing Mobile app before you deploy it to the Apple or Google store is creating Hybrid app for your IP address and test it locally. On that way you will certainly know how it will work after you deploy the app to the Apple or Google Store and you will test real .ipa or .apk file (that will be deployed to the Stores). 

answered