How to identify the unused tables in domain model?

Hi all, I have too many tables in my domain model. It seems most of them are haven't used from past few months. I want to get rid of those tables, which there is no dependency on them. How can I identify the unused tables of domain model? Is there any logics or is there any options in database to identify them. My local database is HSQL and the client database is SQL Server 2012. Please help me with this. Thanks in advance. - Venkat
asked
2 answers

I would suggest to use the Find Advanced feature to find unused items. This way you can identify and clean up unused documents (including entities) from your model.

Go to Edit > Find Advanced (Ctrl+Shift+F) and change the Search for dropdown to Unused items. Now click Find. This will show a list of all unused items.

Using this list you can clean up your project. You might need several iterations of this, because removing a document can cause another document to not being used anymore. You can easily use the Refresh button for this.

It is a best practice to clean up you project once in a while and keep the unused items to a minimum.

answered

Items which are not used doesnt mean that they are REALLY unused. For example, if a Deeplink MF is being used, it wouldnt have any usages but technically it is used. Usually i have a practice of marking such elements as used! which are then picked by the Advanced Search mentioned by Kilian.

answered