Mendix 8 will only support 64-bit Windows

At Mendix World 2019, many amazing Mendix 8 features were revealed. If you weren’t there, you can start by reading this post: https://www.mendix.com/blog/a-3-step-leap-into-your-digital-future-highlights-from-mendix-world/ Another “feature” of Mendix 8 will be that it only supports 64-bit Windows. We know from our analytics that less than 1% of our users are running 32-bit Windows and this message is for them: To enjoy the benefits of Mendix 8, it’s time to join the future and install 64-bit Windows!  The installer will be smaller and the maintenance costs for us at R&D will be lower. Note that Mendix 7 and earlier will keep supporting 32-bit Windows just fine. Update: Mendix  8 Beta 1 will still allow installing on 32-bit Windows, but it will not work. Mendix 8 Beta 2 will properly disallow it in the installer.
asked
6 answers

Thanks for sharing the blogpost as well as the information about the 64bit “feature”. I like that the amount of native 64bit software is growing.

answered

Great to hear that there will be now a new 64 bit software available which.

answered

Thanks for the update Arjan :D 

answered

Now available in the App stores near you!

answered

Thanks for the update, I just joined and started the Mendix tutorial and I think the 64 bit installer is completely normal nowadays.

Even at my old company (around 5 years ago), nearly all the laptops being used are already 64 bit, so.. yes for the leap.. :)

answered

Guess who just found out that his VM was a 32 bit machine 😅 

The good news for your analytics, I just upgraded to 64 bit :) 

answered