Importing data from Excel/CSV to domain model

for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this. The Excel importer package and the MXModelReflection don’t make much intuitive sense to me at all, and I am getting errors which don’t tell me much. First error is no permission to open socket on localhost:8080, already in use. – when i check if my 8080 port is free, it is, so this makes no sense to me. Second error is an error occurred while executing action ‘update_appcontainer_confituration’ – I don’t have the slightest clue what this is. All i need to do is import an excel file to a database...this shouldn’t be this hard. Any point in the right direction would be great, thanks.   Edit: currently I am trying to sync the modules with the mxObjects sync page, but i cannot run my application because of these errors.
asked
1 answers

Hello Peter,

The first error is not related to the module, you must be either running something else against 8080 (Perhaps another local environment) or your computer simply registers as such.

You can try a restart or you can change the port in the project settings under configurations, open your current configuration, navigate to the server tab and you should now see your config. The alternative is running in a sandbox.

As far as the import module and MxReflection go, you need to sync MxReflection on the modules you need to use, then you need to configure an import template, and only then you can add a file for import.

Hope this helps 

answered