How to control required fields based on check box selection?

Hi all, I have a page with list view having list of rows. Each row having one input check box and some input fields. Now I want to make those input fields as required fields only when check box in that row is checked. If I enable required field option, it is asking to fill the input fields even when the check box is unchecked. How can I achieve this? Hope I am clear. Thanks in advance.   - Venkat
asked
3 answers

You could solve this a number of different ways, here are some suggestions:

1. use validation in a microflow, based on the first boolean (This is a best practice)
  2. use a second set of fields with conditional visibility based on the boolean
answered

You could also use custom validation on the input fields:

This way, when the checkbox is not checked, the validation will be true, and otherwise it will check that the input field is not empty

EDIT: I now see that you are using modeler 6.10.4. So my solution is unfortunately not usable for you. Maybe a good reason to migrate to Mx7 ;-)

answered

Remove the required field validation and write your own in a microflow. In the microflow you can put an exclusive split which looks if the check box is checked, if it is do a check if the required attribute is empty or not.

answered